Designated gifts are earmarked for specific educational programs and projects.
- Siddurim are well-used in KHDS, daily (share in the incredible zechut/merit of our children’s prayers)!
Anyone who has observed the children davening at KHDS on a daily basis, has seen first-hand the power and sweetness of the prayers that come from our children. Whether in our daily minyanim, our middle school girls’ morning tefillah, our elementary and early childhood classes davening and bentching in unison, our classes teaching the meaning behind their davening, and heartfelt Tehillim for those needing Divine assistance- their innocent and deep connection to Hashem through prayer is inspirational to us all.We invite you to partner with us and share in the priceless zechut (merit) of supporting our children’s prayers by dedicating any of the hundreds of siddurim and birchonim (bentchers) that are well-used by our students, daily.
Artscroll Interlinear Siddur (used by Middle School students) $26
- Koren Aviv Siddur (used by Middle School students) $36
- Artscroll Sephardic Siddur (used by Middle School students) $36
- Laminated Bencher/ Birchon (used by students in grades 1-8) $3
- Class trips including the 8th grade Israel trip, 7th grade Washington, D.C. trip, and 6th grade Sea Camp trip.
- Charles Scher Teachers Discretionary Fund – Faculty are more than just employees of Katz Hillel Day School – they are part of the KHDS family. Families work together toward common goals, they celebrate with each other, they care for one another. With that in mind, the Charles Scher Teacher’s Discretionary Fund, a special fund available for any faculty member who may be dealing with difficult financial circumstances, was created in blessed memory of Charles Scher, beloved brother of Herschel and Dvora Scher (KHDS parents). Charles was a man of true chesed. He had a great appreciation for Jewish education and did much to support it throughout his life, always in a humble, “behind the scenes” way. It is, therefore, so appropriate that this fund was created in his memory.
Contact the Development Office for more information on making a Designated gift.
email@example.com 561-470-5000 ext. 225