A Message from the Head of School Mission School History Fast Facts Leadership Faculty and Staff Milton B. Katz Campus Publications Photo Galleries Video Galleries Contact Us Employment Hotline Number Calendar
- In September 1989, Hillel Day School opened in Boca Raton with 42 students.
- In 1998 the school moved to the 15-acre Milton B. Katz campus, in west Boca Raton, located adjacent to the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County.
- KHDS currently serves over 500 students from age 2 through 8th grades from Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties.
- Dual curriculum (50% general studies/50% Torah & Judaic studies)
- Head of School: Rabbi Yehudah Potok, M.S. Ed.
- President: Daniel J. Katz
- An agency of the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County
- Over 600 graduates
- Alumni acceptances to Princeton, Harvard, Yale University, University of Pennsylvania, Columbia, Cornell, Brandeis, Carnegie Mellon, University of Maryland, Yeshiva University, Bar-Ilan University and many more.
- School Colors: Blue & White
- Team Mascot: Ari, the Lion
- “Where Do Our Families Live?” – 80% live in Boca Raton (57% on Montoya Circle), 20% live in Hollywood, Boynton Beach, and other surrounding areas.
- Rosalind Henwood Early Childhood Learning Center (EC2 through Kindergarten)
- Teddy & Linda Struhl Elementary School (1st through 5th grade)
- Middle School (6th through 8th grade); ETGAR (Special Education Program)
CURRICULUM & NOTABLE PROGRAMS
- Judaic Studies: Chumash, Talmud, Jewish Law & Philosophy, Hebrew Language
- Class Trips: 8th grade Israel; 7th grade Washington, D.C.; 6th grade Pigeon Key
- Math & Science Enrichment Program
- Character Development Programs
- Middle School Electives
- Handwriting without Tears
- Aftershool Kids Time Program (KTP)
- Award-winning Talmud Program on iPads
- Sherut Leumi program to promote Zionism
- Camp Ruach – summer camp (ages 2 through 6th grade)
BY THE NUMBERS
- 15 acre campus
- 17,000 square-foot gymnasium
- 15,000 square-foot playground
- 2,500 square-foot outdoor swimming pool
- 2 science labs/ 2 computer labs
- 8:1 student-teacher ratio
- 52% of students receive some financial aid
- Wireless campus
- Apple/MAC Computer lab (Middle School)
- Computer lab (Main School)
- Team Name: Lions
- Boys Soccer, Boys Basketball, Boys Flag Football; Girls Basketball, Girls Soccer, Girls Volleyball, Girls Softball; Boys and Girls Tennis
- Many after school sports and clinics also available